View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #180
TonyM

Default Re: V-8 Fords on Film

This week's V-8 Ford on Film:

Call Out the Marines (1941)

There are two pretty good chase scenes in this 75-minute movie. The first chase scene involves two very early model army jeeps. Some really wild driving with these two jeeps and four passengers each. Wow. The second chase scene comes at the end and involves a chase between a car and motorcycle/sidecar combo. The second chase was apparently filmed on location in Southern California--tons and tons of old cars in this one.

There are ten V-8 Fords at least and probably more. More than once I could see a scant hint of the 35-36 hard spare cover and the famous dip in the rear bumper, but these cars could not be positively identified and appeared too brief or were too blurry.

One 1936 Cabriolet had a weird after-market trim on the hood sides that consisted of three thick chrome bands, the first one beginning at the cowl at the top of the side panel and wrapped all the way around the to front of the grill, meeting at the center. Three of these were evenly spaced down the hood sides following the pattern outlined above. I could find no photos of this car on line; I will save the movie and attempt to photograph the car with a view to posting it on this thread in the future. Lots of Fords in this one and great views of So Cal in 1941. Sorry no photos with this one.

1936 Ford Cabriolet
1941 Ford Deluxe Tudor
1936 Ford Tudor
1935 Ford 5W Coupe
1936 Ford Fordor
1938 Ford Deluxe Fordor
1936 Ford Standard Tudor
1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe
1935 Ford 5W Coupe
1933-1934 (?) Ford 5W Coupe

TonyM.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote