View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
Ian1932

Default Re: Spreading a Reversed Rear 32 Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
I did mine by putting the main leaf on first (by itself), then adding all the other leaves and cranking them down with a long bolt in the middle, with a bunch of C-clamps. It was not dangerous, but was a pain in the butt. The problem is that with the curved shape, the leaves want to kick-off the centerline (as I couldn't put the U-clamps in place until it was all compressed. Was a lot of screwing around with some large structural C-clamps (not your normal backyard stuff).

I think I'll make a special spring device that is designed for these goofy dang 32 - 34 springs!
I tried that first...Man...Its was tough trying it that way. Not sure what is was doing wrong? They twisted and moved all over the place. Slip plate i put on didnt help im sure. When i got in compressed they then shifted around so bad i couldnt get the bolt out to put the correct on in. I was beating on the bolt so hard the pack started twist and shift. I gave up, lol. I have a bunch of giant c-clamps also. It just seemed the surface was on and angle and beating on it was moving them to the point i would never get the correct bolt back into the stacked up holes....

Last edited by Ian1932; 11-15-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote