View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 06:39 AM   #392
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Bob,
Thanks, I see the timing mark is just down the tooth a little farther on the crank gear. I have to remove the washer that is next to the gear.
Dale,
Never know, the balanced crank thing might work out also? As far as the poor mans rebuild, someday's its fine with me, other days it has to be spot on. This truck being in its work clothes and not to ever be a daily driver, a pretty good engine might be just the ticket? As mentioned the crusty, moldy look might fit right in also!

Ford Folks,
So the chances this engine #2 could go into the truck are increasing as we progress through the evaluation. I think the numbers were at about 23%last evening!

Pistons will come out soon, bores inspected, rings inspected.
Upper babbited bearing surfaces to be eyeballed more.

Question: So one of the head studs breaks into the water jacket area. This is one that had the helicoil before. Do I need to do any thing special on that stud to keep water from leaking around the stud threads? I just put the stud in dry right now, but could get it back out and apply some sealer. Which probably would be a good idea. I did not put any sealer on the helicoil insert. Its called hindsight!

Today we prepare maple syrup products for the big Crawford County Fair starting tomorrow here in NWPA.

Thanks for checking in on me! Hope your day is good!

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote