View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #17
Keith True

Default Re: need ideas to lift model a on 2 post lift

I have no idea how many in-ground lifts are still in use around here.the guy the services them knows of about 200,but he didn't know of the six that I do near me.I know of one from the Model A era that is still in use.The old Ford garage burned close to 50 years ago,but the lift wasn't hurt.The man that bought the property had a VW salvage yard and built a building right on the old concrete.It was a perfect lift for old VW's,it was just two H-beams that you drove over and stopped.On the A's the axles rested on them,on the VW's the flat bellypan sat on them.You almost didn't even have to look under first.I have no clue if he's ever had to repair it or not.When I bought the Gilbarco I still plan to use a drum of peanut hydraulic oil(it;s not just peanut oil)was about $40.more than plain old hydraulic oil.I really don't have a problem with that,I have one well just outside of my garage,and another in the inside corner of another garage.I keep one A in a shed with a well right under it.I'm pretty careful where my anti-freeze drips in that one.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote