View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 07:55 AM   #8
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Diaphragm Pressure Plate

The project I just finished is not a flattie but I used a 10.5 inch early 90s Camaro diaphragm pressure plate with a 39 style pedal setup. I used Krylons adapter since the T5Z tranny is the later narrow Ford pattern. Clutch disk was a 10.5” Ford but here’s where it got interesting. The cross shaft and throughout bearing setup is the 39 style. I removed the old Ford t-out bearing and put the matching year Camaro t-out bearing right in front of the Ford carrier. At rest the bearing was just pushing the fingers of the diaphram p-plate so I had a buddy shave off about 1/4” off the front of the carrier and tack welded the Camaro t-out bearing to the carrier so they worked in unison.

The car is on the road with a Buick Nailhead so it’s with much more power and it is working very well. Nice thing about it, it’s all present day off the shelf parts from local sources. My motto is the KISS method - keep it simple stupid (mostly for my benefit - lol!).

Hope this helps in some way - good luck ..... if you need some pics I can dig some up and post here ...
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote