View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #41
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: Affordable pcv addon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordor41 View Post

here's how I added a PCV to my 292. after reading a lot as to whether it would work or not, I fab'd a housing like the pic KULTULZ showed of the separator to fit in the rear of the block. I removed part of the separator side and I added a round section to hold a PCV (FSB 302 valve). ran a 3/8" line to a fitting in the front of the manifold with an aftermarket separator after the PCV to catch any oil from entering the manifold.

So far after I would guess 1000 miles or so I've caught about 1/2 cup of oil in the separator. Runs the same and didn't even adj. the carb. I know the PCV is working because I can feel suction on the oil filler tube and no more fumes. I fab'd a new separator housing because I didn't want to alter the stock road draft set up until I knew the PCV would work.
You're ahead of the game. I never mentioned a separator as most have trouble wanting to route the PVC SYSTEM correctly.

Your is a 1960 292 2V application with a rear mounted road draft tube I am assuming? A photo of the setup would be nice unless you are waiting for a a patent ...

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote