View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
oldave57

Default Re: Affordable pcv addon?

Chad,

The easiest way to install the PCV would be to obtain a T-Bird valley pan with the hole for the PCV and baffle already in place, but those are hard to find. I did see one on Ebay but he wants a LOT for it (about $225 if you include shipping)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Y-Bloc...8AAOSwNg1fVnGk

I think you could modify your existing valley pan by drilling/cutting a 1.25" diameter hole in the center of the flat area of the pan where the Tbird pan has the hole (see attached photos) and then fabricate a baffle similar to the Tbird pan and either weld or braze it in place (probably 16ga. or 18ga sheet metal). You could install the PCV valve into its grommet after drilling the 1.25" hole to determine the depth required for the baffle plate (leaving about 1/4" or so clearance below the PCV valve) You can use the photo attached to get an approximate size of the baffle.
The attached photos show my valley pan (added to my '57 312 engine).

I have a kit that I purchased for my valley pan installation, but didn't use because I ended up getting a new Holley carburetor before the installation so I didn't need the spacer plate and had an extra grommet plus PCV valve. I'm not sure what your Carter carb has for a PCV connection so you might not need the spacer plate either. The two PCV valves that came with the kit have a 3/8" and 1/2" hose connection so if either of those sizes matches your Carter, you don't need the spacer plate. You should be able to connect the PCV hose (not in my kit any longer) from the PCV valve to either the Carter port or the port on the spacer plate.

I no longer need the kit with the grommet and PCV valves, so you can have everything included in the kit for the cost of shipping (not sure what that would be but if you send me your shipping address, I could check and let you know, probably $10-$15)

My email: [email protected]

Good Luck,
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCV4a.jpg (36.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg PCV2a.jpg (39.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg PCVKit1.jpg (40.2 KB, 35 views)
oldave57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)