Thread: 56 Merc 2 4s
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
KULTULZ

Post Re: 56 Merc 2 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by scicala View Post

Then, for now I will go on with my feelings that Ford Motor Company never offered Carted carbs on the Ford and Mercury 260 HP kits. Not saying some racers back in the day didn't decide to use Carter carbs for a performance advantage.
You have the right to believe whatever you wish to believe. I did not imply that.

Quote:
There is already a lot old documentation saying the kits used Holley 4000 carbs (LIST# 1268) which were unique for the kits. Never used by Ford for anything else.

We are talking MERC here. Separate DIV from FORD at that time.

The WCFB was assembled on a 56 MERC 260 setup. The H4000 was assembled later on the 56 MERC 260 setup. There are no racer mods entering the discussion other than then current factory sponsored racing team(s).

Quote:
Sounds like your not willing to share your information saying otherwise whether it be documented in writing or not, would still be very interesting for at least me and Oldmics. Not trying to argue here. Just open to all info.

Sal

Sal,

You are already being argumentative. The info has been out for some time.

I do not wish to go around on this.

All I am trying to get across is that just having one piece of documentation does not give one the right to say that was how it only was and have a nice day.

Besides, I never heard the OP present either a question and/or statement. But see how a single response nailed it down to one person's interpretation?

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...

Last edited by KULTULZ; 11-23-2018 at 07:07 PM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote