View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
jms50f5coe

Default 1950 F5 COE master/booster vs. arthritis

I am looking for some help for my F5 brake system. I have searched this site and others for some time but have not come up with a good solution. Presently my truck has all stock brakes in good shape. I haul gravel and stones with this truck for my own use and regularly scale out a little above 14,000 lbs. GVW.
I don't travel far with these loads but do have a few hills and stops to make along the way. I know I can buy a stock rebuilt booster and that may be the only (easiest) way to improve the system. I would like though, to find a dual circuit master/booster to install. The book shows master at 1 1/4" piston with an 1 7/16ths stroke, front cyl. 1 1/4" bore, and rear cyl. 1 1/2" bore. I know there is important brake system engineering to be aware of for safe and proper function. Being a COE I believe I am limited to frame mount hardware. Has anyone done this upgrade or can lead me to someone who has been sucessful. There are quite a number of very experienced and very intelligent folks on this site. I truly enjoy most all the discussions and continually learn about all Fords.
Best regards.
jms50f5coe is offline   Reply With Quote