View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #32
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Model A flywheeel lightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Charlie, this was discussed here on the forum several years ago. It has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth but the bottom line for me is that for a few hundred dollars more, I can purchase a US manufactured one that is constructed by a well-established and respected company that specializes in building quality crankshafts for motorsports applications, --or I can purchase one that is manufactured 100% by an off-shore company using 100% Chinese materials, and by one of many manufacturers who have pretty much proven they have poor Q/C standards & methods in manufacturing.

If for no other reason, compare the warranties between the two manufacturers. One basically states they promise it will be built to Ford's original specifications however outside of that, there is no warranty. If the manufacturer has that much confidence (--or lack thereof) in their product where they will not stand behind it, what should that say to you or I as the consumer?

Brentt,

Who is the "well-established and respected company that specializes in building quality crankshafts for motorsports applications"?

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote