View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Swap meet etiquette / Luray

I think this Cash vs. checks/e-pay/etc. part is ignorant, -at least from my vantage point as a vendor.

If you are coming to an event with the intention of participating, I respectfully feel you need to come prepared. That means you really should come prepared with proper shoes that allow you to be comfortable walking around. You really need to come prepared with the proper clothing so you can dress for the weather conditions (-not too hot or too cold, or wet). Also come prepared with a list of what you are seeking. Come with measurements and/or pictures of things you are unfamiliar with so you can compare before you purchase, and come with a way to carry what you have purchased.

And finally, if you are serious about participating then you need to have cash with you in the proper denominations to make the deal. For example, if someone has something priced at $50 and you offer them $40, please don't hand them a 100 bill and expect them to make change. For me, taking any type of electronic payment is too troubling for the worth of it when you are standing in a field at a swap meet. Especially if we are speaking about something with a value of under $100. There are (-me included) attendees that have frequently carried large sums of money with them on the property of the meet.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote