View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
GB SISSON

Default Re: Alternative horn button for an F1

Here's what I did on my truck based wooidie and my tonner panel, soon to do on my 47 tonner pickup. Period Ford starter relay as a horn relay. The center (small) post is activated when grounded. I mounted the relay on the back of the horns, ran the small ground wire up the windshield pillar and out through a hole in the header. Ground it to some bare metal and HONK. I made a simple wooden rocker switch that connected with ground on the windshield header, although a store-bought spring toggle switch would work and ran a nylon cord attached to a point over the rear window. Reach up with your right arm, yank the loop of the cord down, HONK! In last years july 4th parade I couldn't keep my grand kids away from it. Both trucks have very loud dual horns. Something about the overhead yank of the trucker's horns. I highly recommend it for a truck.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote