View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #30
hardtimes

Default Re: Rumble Seat vs. trunk values

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
For safety reasons, I would NEVER put someone in the rumble seat of a Model A unless it was for a parade.

I cannot think of a more unsafe way to operate a Model A than to place a human being in a rumble seat. God help them if (when) you get rear-ended, sideswiped, run off the road, etc.

Besides...... All you need to do is look at the trunk space available in a trunk equipped coupe to know that is a good thing. My friend has a 29 with the trunk still and it is awesome! It gets lots of attention.

In my opinion, the coupe with a trunk is far more valuable (and increasingly rare) than the coupes with rumble seats.
Hey P.S.,
I totally agree with YOU and George in your thoughts/preferences !

I have a rumble seat and the cushions were removed , so that none of the many people who asked...did not get in there...to ride and/or try it out !

BTW...the original poster asked for all/any opinions. NOT arguments nor hissy fits regarding others opinions/preferences Need you be reminded about disrespecting others ?

I own a roadster with rumble lid and wish I'd put a trunk lid. The rumble setup seems to have more 'bling' for eyeballers, but seems that the trunk is for utility minded Aers. Therefore ,IMO, value is in the mind of the buyer,eh ?

Last edited by hardtimes; 07-18-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: value.......
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote