View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #76
ctvpa

Default Re: Merger again considered, Credible opinions requested

Well, it is an interesting ride, and unique to see some of the posts. Some are very defensive, others bring new input from both sides, that made me think.
As I have said, this same question has been posted before, and within the last 3 months, has been posted by me on several sites. Some accuse me of out and out lying, because they searched, and not seen it. But that is my intent. I do statistical studies for a living. I would never post the exact same worded question, or use the same name in my post. That would contaminate the data pool.
Most unique are the private messages. They go from threating, to thrilled that the topic is brought up. I am still collecting data. Sorry to say Brent, not all have been civil. But it has been interesting.
Some thoughts of contacts:
I don't belong to either, it is just a way for a limited few to make more money.
I like belonging to both, I get two views, and more information.
I would never write on this thread with my name, I would get the boot from my club.
I think that the two clubs could remain independent, but have mutual meets, welcoming both clubs. That way we would not have to be torn between what meet to go to. They could work together more for better planning.
We are paying good money, and remaking the wheel. What is the sense of paying for two headquarters, two board of directors, two groups of staff, two separate magazine editors and two publishers. It is just ego that they are separate.

I will collect more data, and post it.
My comments are:
If you are upset that this question comes up so often, that proves that while it may be settled for you, but it is an issue for many others. Allow others to say their comments.
If you are insulting, I just remove your note. If you threaten, then I have no respect at all for you. If you do this, you should receive some counseling. For those with honest open ideas, I thank you.
Several senior members have said that the dues increase is a hardship, and they are dropping some membership. With age, they cannot be as active, so they are dropping.(Perhaps we could have a fund, and if a member has been a member for 'X' number of years, we could allow them a less expensive membership, as a reward for their past dedication, they could get the magazine, and clubs should arrange for other members to pick them up for the meets if they have physical limitations .)
Some people say that there are many more Model A's now than 20 years ago. He may be correct if he counts Model A's with big block engines and chopped bodies. But we are losing more and more Model A's every day.
Many comments on "getting along". As I read many comments, I agree.
Several comments who believe MAFCA only represents California.

I will continue to collect data. Most people believe that the duplication is an added expense, and there is room for improvement.
Many members that contacted me have had their car for 50-60 years, with wonderful stories. (I have had mine since 1975, I was 16, daily driver 8 years) I think my next project will be collecting those stories.

For those that have added constructive discussion, comments, and offered ideas; I thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please continue.

For those that want offer rude comments, without any mention of how to improve or correct the issues, please keep it to yourself; and get some social skills.

But clearly, much to the objection of some; people do want changes.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this important subject.
ctvpa is offline   Reply With Quote