View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Synchro909

Default Re: If Henry was on Twitter would anyone like him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsprecher View Post
Henry is not on Twitter and I don't like him. I respect him and his accomplishments. The problem with him was that once he was successful, he quit innovating, so much of the respect I have for his accomplishments diminished by the end of his life. He became a hindrance to progress.

You don't have to like and probably can't like innovators, no matter their field. They are executing their vision, not looking for love or even to be liked. I probably wouldn't like Elon Musk if I met him, but you have to respect what he has done. Steve Jobs was a first class a-hole, but he changed the world, too.
There have been lots of people who have changed the world. Whether their changes were were for the better though is another matter and would be hotly contested. I do not respect a person simply because they changed the world but I do respect soeone who at least tried to make it better whether they succeeded or not.
By the way, I have absolutely no presence on any of the social media platforms so the question is moot.