View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #10
TRCobra506

Default 1940 Ford Family Owned Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Regarding your question of two tail lights, they were required by some states. In today's world I would make sure it had two tail lights. First give that old Ford a good wash job. Preserve as much as you can on this car to save the originality. Real nice original cars draw a lot of attention and they are only original once. In your photos I do see a couple of extra holes in the top of the dash on the driver's side. Those are not stock. Anyway clean it up real good so you can assess the next step in the journey to bring this old Ford back to life. You have an extremely desirable car.

Definitely plan on keeping what’s useable. All things considered the seats are not in bad shape. Door panels were replaced by something my grandma made years ago from a similar mohair fabric but it’s greenish. The holes in the dash are from a little 40s era fan....it’s in the trunk. Unfortunately the paint is not original. It was done in the early 60s I believe. It was Lyon blue..it’s black now. I think the place was called Earl Scheib in Pittsburgh? Paint while you wait place. Cars super solid. The bottom of the quarters need repaired and the one rear fender has mud in it. Dad hit the fender in the 70s with his maverick. Front middle grille is cracked. Dad thinks grandpa hit a tree that fell in his driveway

Picture of my grandpa on the right

TRCobra506 is offline   Reply With Quote