View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
tubman

Default Re: Yeaaaaaa!! Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
Just a bit of gratitude as if this site went away a lot of connections and resources would disappear with it. It costs money to run not to mention the labor to maintain it and remove spam. Would be interesting to see how many would kick in $10 a year to help defray costs. This is probably one of the best dedicated sites going.
As you probably know, the H.A.M.B. (also run by Ryan) has the option of becoming an "Alliance member" for $50 a year. This has other advantages, because a lot of vendors offer an "Alliance Discount" on their products. The last time I bought tires from Coker, I saved the equivalent of three years Alliance Memberships. I've been on these sites for a while, and think Ryan is a very astute business man. He has the Alliance thing set up as a "Win-Win" deal. This site is more of a hobbyists site compared to the H.A.M.B., and as such, any kind of "pay for play" might not go over well. If you want to contribute financially, go over to the H.A.M.B. and purchase an Alliance membership. You will be glad you did, and it all ends up in the same pot in the end.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote