View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
Merc Cruzer

Default Re: 6 volt compaiison positive ground LED tail light, brake light stop light

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger W Gerow View Post
Does the use of these bulbs require changing the flasher unit?
No, I still use the original flasher. I still am using regular bulbs in the front running lights/turn signals, so they draw enough power to activate the flasher.

I am not sure when front turn signals/running lights, came standard on cars. But if you don't have front running lights/turn signals, on your car, this would be the solution:

https://www.ledlight.com/led-load-eq...v-12v-24v.aspx

LED Load Equalizer 6 Ohm 50 Watt 6, 12 or 24 V AC or DC
Product Code: 74553
Price : $1.99

Description

Use this 6 Ohm 50 Watt led load equalizer to eliminate hyper Flashing is due to the led bulbs are to energy effecient to be detected by the flasher. The flasher thinks there is a bulb out condition and flashes fast to alert the operator that a bulb is burned out. Since led lamps use 1/10th the power of a incandescent bulb the flasher thinks the bulb is burned out even though the led lights. Please use one 6 Ohm per led bulb that is used. Easy test to see if you need a load equalizer is leave one incandescent bulb connected on the left or right circuit. If the flasher flashes normal then you need to use load equalizers to decode or eliminate the fast flashing. This 6 Ohm equalizer is 50 Ohm package so the can dis-pate more power than the 25 Watt.

or:

LED Compatible Flashers for Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

LED Compatible flashers eliminates or decodes hyper flashing. Fast flashing is caused by the flasher cannot detect the energy efficient led lamps, led bulbs and led lights. Easy to remove the old flasher and replace with a new led compatible flasher relay. Depending on the flasher can operate from 6 to 24 Volts positive or negative ground. Most of the time when you use a led compatible flasher you do not have to use load equalizers.

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 09-12-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote