Thread: Coolant drama
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #7
Lawrie

Default Re: Coolant drama

We left our overnight spot this morning,car ran great,but at a road works stop sign it stalled and tOok a good crank to restart, this was unusual, so later when looking for a good photo opportunity,stopped at one, nice pic,but car would not restart,
Damm, cranked for a while ,nothing,so got ready to look at the ign as no spark at the plugs,
Removed the coil ,little oil on it,just then a nice young couple pulled up and asked if we were OK, I told them no drama as I had spare stuff ready to fit,
He got out any way and introduced him self, I asked him what he did, A kangaroo harvester and mobile mechanic,A real Aussie I said,he said he had heard of these engines but never worked on one, without a problem he got into helping remove the dist,I got the spare one out from the tool box,while doing this he took the old dist assy overto his wife in the car and showed her how it worked, then came back and helped fit the spare,after fitting it and washing our. Hands he said he would not leave until hearing it run,one push on the starter and it ran like normal,he got his wife and kids to come over and see.
He then had a good look over as it was idling and said there was a water leak on the top hose,( after the drama with the coolant the other day I had not even done up the top rad hose clamp) so he fixed that and checked the others,
You hear so much negatives about young people,not this couple.
We then got going and the 33 is back running like it usually does.
Lawrie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7ADAAE03-34D6-465B-9701-6B2F7EED7D89.jpg (76.3 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg B3EDDAD7-3CE9-4E68-B947-7D85D3709036.jpg (47.6 KB, 90 views)
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote