View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 11:10 AM   #5
Kube

Default Re: Looking to identify parts and value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
The metal trim is 1/8” wide. I’m just saying for Standard cars? as the front bottom part is not as wide as in my 39 Deluxe. The measurements are the same as I have in my car, a Deluxe Coupe. ( 14 3/4” tall X 31” long. ) I’m not familiar with the height and length of a driver side door felt upholstery trim on a “ sedan “ reason for asking.

I think the deck lid hinges has value, ( repop springs can be purchased if hinges don’t hold decklid up ) especially if they don’t make this type in repop. I’m not sure how a 37-38 Ford Coupe deck lid hinge looks like, if it’s manual lock, if so then not sure where these go or even what manufacturer of auto. If the 37-38 Ford Coupe uses spring hinge types ( like the 39-40 and later ) thinking maybe they go on those year cars? As the decklid is smaller than the 39-40 so thinking the hinges will be smaller, which they are compared to the 39-40. This one looks to have the original factory color of a very dark blue.

I’ve owned many parts for 51 years, ( as it came with my 39 which I purchased it in 1970 and still own ) and needing to prioritize the parts that I’m not familiar with for future sale. It’s not like I’m a young kid anymore.

Thank You
Yep, trim is 40 standard. I'll stick with my original estimate. I'll also stick with my estimate for the lid supports. You'll most likely end up tossing them.