View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
Ford-A-baquet

Default Re: O-ring groove in flywheel housing

the rear engine flange I checked with a straight edge, same as the housing flange. For me now, faced with the problem, the cause is already clear.
When I started to revice my baquet, I invited 3 - 4 Ford A owner, because i wanted to know their experience. I wanted to suck their brain. But more than a oil change or a brake lining swap they had never done. Many problems and solutions I get from the service bulletins -- like the additional oil hole for the rear cam bearing. But to become the experience of 30 years Ford A in one year is not possible. I limp off with a few things afterwards.
But if I find a cheap solution like the O-ring groove for a big problem like the warpy engine block, I am very happy.
I am with you ragarding the force which cause the warpy housings.
But in my opinion it`s also the tension near the thread and bolts.
Near there the papergasket is getting thinner and thinner. Between the bolts the papergasket gives more force against. So the housing is getting more wavy. It`s the same as with the top water outlet. Why is it recommended to put a match on the outside? Because the papergasket near the bolt become very thinn and the neck of the outlet flange gets space to bend.
Ford-A-baquet is offline   Reply With Quote