View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #8
budmanroch

Default Re: Boot for shifter and Brake 1952 F-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Don View Post
I had a choice unmolested F6. The shifter came out with no boot, but under the removable floor/trans cover was a big rubber ring, a bit bigger and the same shape as a toilet ring. The park brake had one of the same material and both were glued to the bottom of the removable floor. The PTO had nothing, but a guy could make one of carpet or jute shaped like lips and screw it to the floor.
Well, I was hoping that someone had come up with a dual boot that works. My floor looks like a chainsaw murderer went after it. There are big gaps and little plates all over except between the gear shift and the brake. I use that big hole to tell me when I have left the parking brake on because it fills the cab with smoke through the hole. Fearing lung cancer, I feel I should close the hole, or rig up an indicator on the hand brake with a loud screaming alarm. Closing the hole is my first choice. I don't have a floor mat in my truck. It appears to have been a work truck for a long time and I continue to use it that way. After I put the new engine and transmission in, maybe I'll get fancy and buy a mat. I'll get something to work. I see there are twin boots for Jeeps. Hate to spoil the truck with a Jeep part though.....
budmanroch is offline   Reply With Quote