View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 12:11 AM   #19
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: PCV VALVE SYSTEM for 8BA with Early Intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunateson View Post
Having trouble loading pics from cell phone; something about a missing security token?

Hello Fortunate......I was wondering where you had gotten off to. We have several items to cover here. First of all, the "security token" thing many times means the picture is too 'big' for this site. SOMETIMES, e-mailing the pics to yourself mystically takes care of re-sizing them to an appropriate size. IF after trying that the pics still won't post, try e-mailing them to me and I will attempt to post them here for you. I still need to see some of the details of the intake you're wanting to use before I can come-up with any reasonable ideas. My e-mail:

[email protected]

Of course, you realize that the "C"8BA block is a Canadian-produced version of our Yankee 8BA block. Understand that many people are surprised to hear that at least here in the States for 1949 thru 1953 automobiles, the Ford and Mercury engines shared the same identical BLOCK with each other, although each of the two brands used their own proprietary cylinder heads, intake manifold/carburetor, crankshaft, pistons, camshaft, flywheel and pressure plate, and sometimes water pumps. I won't arbitrarily state that that's ALSO the way it was in Canada, but there's no viable reason for the Canucks to have invested the phenomenal expense of tooling-up for TWO identical blocks with different ID markings. And since Mercurys are a product of the parent FoMoCo, the 'Ford' ID-nomenclature (8BA) with the Canadian "C" in front of it wins-out, I'm sure. And you are correct in assuming that "0BA" and "1BA" represent 1950 & 1951 model years respectively. One more thing....if your cylinder heads are marked "8CM", the Mercury-ONLY oil pan should look like the one below with the three studs and "L"-bracket. It'll also have a unique oil pump/pick-up and windage tray only found on the Mercs. Try e-mailing those manifold pics to yourself. If you still aren't able to post them here, e-mail them to me and we'll see what we can do. Dick D

………..

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote