View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #9
elmangle

Default Re: Water pump comparisons

Thank you, all, for the helpful input. The thing is, I AM wanting to put a bandaid on a problem, rather than do a complete teardown and rebuild. This engine has only about 1000 miles on it after a professional rebuild by a very reputable machine shop, before I bought the truck. It has always run hotter on the driver's side, about 200 degrees on a cool day, and disturbingly higher on hot ones. I've had the head pressure tested and slightly milled to insure flatness, and have replaced the head gasket. While the head was off I did a dye test - twice - on the block and could find no cracks. I am pretty sure there must be an internal crack, because I have some small bubbling on that side, seen by disabling the water pump, disconnecting the radiator hose at the the head, and running the engine. However, I have not been able to discern exhaust gasses in the cooland by using one of the commercially available "sniffers" in the radiator. So, the deal is, since the engine is in otherwise excellent condition, and wanting to keep it that way, I would just like to find the bandaid that would drop the running temperature about 10 degrees and that would be enough to make me feel comfortable using it.
elmangle is offline   Reply With Quote