View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:15 PM   #13
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Zephyr overdrive into 1940 Ford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automotive Stud View Post
Did the "adapter" where the solenoid mounts from a merc transmission bolt right on the lincoln transmission?

I have one of the merc transmissions in my roadster, and after sorting out the bugs I really like it! I recently came into a lincoln trans, and I'm getting ready to swap the motor and rebuild the trans in the '40, and this car is keeping the torque tube, so the lincoln trans is looking really promising. It still has the solenoid but my car is 12v.

Hey Auto Stud....Is THIS the Lincoln OD trans you're talking about, below? IF so, and keeping in mind that you want to retain the torque tube, had you given any consideration to something just a smidge smaller and without that gi-normous solenoid sticking out the side, like this short little T5 that we put together using (ALL Borg-Warner factory parts) Jeep 4 X 4 main shaft and rear housing to shorten this Camaro-geared T5 by almost 10"? It's pictured here in Heard's '35 Ford chassis which is essentially identical to a '40 chassis, dimensionally. My God, that Lincoln rig has gotta weigh every bit of 200 pounds, no? Just sayin'! DD

Shortened Camaro T5

……..

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote