View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #57
GOSFAST

Default Re: Spark Plug Protrusion into Head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Everything you are saying is true, Dale, But I am still troubled by the fact that the original designers at Offenhauser would design a high performance head that had no matching plug available. There has to be a solution out there.
It comes down to the same reason that those "new" Navarro heads we checked out recently got "shot-down", by us anyway, some of the mfr's just don't care! It's sad but true.

With just about any of the heads that have been mentioned here the issues are 100% fixable if you know what you're doing, there's not one issue here that could't be made to work. With the cost of those Navarro's in the 900.00 area it probably would have taken the same amount of money to fix EVERY issue we found??

This is just my take on the subject, but we find it all to often lately that this is now almost the "norm", it was very different years ago when many took great pride in their products, it has all but disappeared in today's marketplace for the most part!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. In my own opinion here to do a really "nice" 100% fix in this spark plug area I would most likely NOT be machining the spark plug lands any deeper to accept a shorter plug, to the contrary, I'd most likely do a modification to get the .750" long plugs to go. Again, not that big of a deal (for a decent shop anyway), I would also like to see threaded inserts in place for the plugs. On the short plug aluminum heads this would part of my modification. They would end up having .750" plugs when finished!
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote