View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #11
MoparDude318

Default Re: New to Ford Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Dempsey View Post
Welcome aboard! And that's an impressive horn....

Thank you! I don't know what sort of horn they had originally.
Does it really stand out that much? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
I see you have the official Ford Throttle Return Assist Spring. A common accessory

Seems like a good truck, not a barn find or rust bucket. An A that needs the usual attention of an A that has been sitting with a little minor neglect? I like it, has character.

You are correct, it has been neglected, needs minor things, I just bought a pile of parts from All Ford in Campbell. Nice guys over there.

I have since replaced that throttle return spring with the correct one. I'll update with pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Good looking truck. I see an empty hole where the stock condenser usually is. If it has the conversion that uses late model V8 Ford points and condenser do yourself a favor and take that crap out and go back with stock Model A parts.

I had a feeling I'd get some flack for that. It was the very first thing I did, to try and get it running... I was having a bear of a time getting spark so I decided to change the whole distributor and go with the modern points. It was probably an unneeded expense as under further investigation, I found that the key on ignition power lead was grounding out in the dash up by the fuel tank...And the ignition switch was worn out and was only working intermittently....It was a multitude of problems that took a few days to sort out. lol
MoparDude318 is offline   Reply With Quote