View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #155
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Traveled to Mac VanPelt's Sales LLC and picked up my Zephyr transmission last Wednesday with Don P. We still went over several items about the transmissions, synchronizers, transmission oil and rear end oil he recommends. ( 140#GL4 transmission and 90#GL5 Columbia rear end ). Removal of transmission all started because of stuck clutch and Mac viewing a photo of my transmission on Fordbarn. I installed transmission yesterday evening and I manually rotated the transmission in gear with pedal depressed and the clutch NOW works. BUT, I am telling you something is not correct (not with transmission) it is the linkage and adjustment of clutch, I am still at the limit of adjustment on the clutch. I can only think that several things have changed in 75 years. 1. the fly wheel has been re-surfaced to a point that it has moved way from bell housing. 2. The arm on the transmission shaft in not correct. 3. there is a thick throw out bearing needed on yoke. 4. the throw out bearing yoke is wrong and does not push the bearing far enough. I now have about 1/2 space between fingers and throw out bearing. When I adjust to make pressure plate release the clutch release arm is almost against the bell housing. Any info and information to correct before I install the rear end again appreciated, BJ
Mac, me, Will

Labor rates that Don P. thought was helpful

He did have two Zephyr transmissions in shop that day, very interesting story about the other Zephyr cars history.
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote