View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #49
Big Z

Default Re: The whole story of my 1936 Ford 3 window coupe "barn Find" and how I am preservin

After the problems I had a few weeks ago driving the car, I decided to pull the gas tank. I was constantly getting rust in the fuel filter and sediment bowl. I figured it would never end. I bought a new tank from Bob Drake. I dropped the old one and I was amazed at the crud inside.

Apparently I was not the first person in the gas tank. I would assume the bottle corks were not factory installed

Here is the new tank in it's place for a test fit. It is a match to the original. side note, I wish I had the whole sign used here. I think it is Orange Crush.

My buddy Willie said I had to remove the fender to get the filer neck out. I did not want to disturb the fender so I cut the filler and used a 2.25" id hose as a coupler. I brazed the ends so it could not leak between the filler neck and the nut.

I also ran new 1/4" steel line. I matched it up to the original as best as I could.

Do you remember that the front brakes were greased? Well the car stopped worse as the brakes heated up so I bought new woven linings from Mac's and borrowed Willies rivet tool to install them:

They turned out great. I cleaned and primed the shoes and lubed the rollers. The brakes work very well now.
www.meltdowndrags.com
Big Z is offline   Reply With Quote