View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
d.j. moordigian

Default Re: Splash Apron Mounting isses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbasher View Post
It looks like these are painted already. Always a good idea to fit everything before you paint the parts as you've learnt. Also all aftermarket sheet metal parts have to be worked. I.E the holes being in the wrong place and the shape being wrong. So to help you fix your problem, you'll need to bent the hood shelf to get the right radius to fit the front apron. Then you'll have to figure out what has to be done with the holes. Sometimes the rear holes will line up and the fronts are short. So you'll need to weld up the front holes and drill the new ones n the right place.
I put 20 hours into my front hood shelves to try to make them right. The shape was wrong at the front, the holes where spaced wrong and my car being a 28, the lip on the front edge is wider than the 29 to go over the front apron.
This is one of my pet peeves. after 45 years of dealing with aftermarket sheet metal parts they still won't make the parts right. You see this way the parts isn't exactly the same is it doesn't cause a problem with patent rights. Once a part is changed 20% it's considered a new part. But that's another story!! PM if you need more info. JP

TINBASHER,...Yes you'r car is a 28, as you well know. There are 4 different
hood shelves,..but I think only 1 fits the 29's. I think the gentleman needs
to look at his hood shelves OR maybe the wood blocks..something is off..
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote