Thread: Summit racing
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
Ol' Ron

Default Summit racing

This might sound like "sour Grapes" to some, I don't like to co,plain, BUT!!
I ordered a fuel regulator for my truck, the tank has an internal pump for an 87 EFI system and I'm using a 2GC carb on the Flathead. I recieved the pump in 4 days, good shipping, that's where things started to go wrong. Opening the box I found the regupator had come out of it'd box and the parts were were just laying there. The instructions were for a fuel pump , so I didn't know which port was for the in , return, and carb. I found that on the internet.
<ounting the pump on the passenger side of the firewall I had to reverse the Regulator so the carb side faced the carb, but that covered up the Gauge port.. When I tried to mount the bracket I fount the mounting holes were not tapped. The mounting bolta supplied were 19-32, but the holes were for a 1/4-20 tap. However when I tried to mpunt the bracket on thregulatoe, it only went on one way and the way I wanted it covered up the gauge port. By this time I was somewhat frustrated and calle Holley.
After the pone shuffel I got someone that told me the 801 P/N was a fuel pump
???????? Slight bit of confusion here!! I explained what iI had and asked if I could reverse the input and carb ports, so I could use the gauge port. He sais yes. I was wondering if that was a guess or fact. Thought someone here might have the answer??
Now this isn't very important because I have "T: fitting I can install on the carb outlet and install the gauge on the way to the carb.
I want everyone to know this wan't caused by the Pandemic, but i'm still going to stand 6 feet away frome it when I turn it on.

Take care, be safe
Gramps
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote