View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #110
Carbroke

Default Re: 1935-36 pickup restoration book

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
That may work, ....... Now if Mr. Carbroke would volunteer to finance the project I encourage him to go for it.

Here's a thought that benefits the entire V-8 Club. Have Mr.Cox and Mr. Grayson write bi-monthly articles in the V-8 Times concerning these trucks. They can use their gathered material and every member benefits from the knowledge. All they need to do is talk to V-8 Times Editor Jerry Windle about printing the material and the cost is built right into the subscription of the V-8 Times.
That idea might have some merit, but not sure I want to join that group in order to get the news letter. I think the actual book is preferable to me.

I, also, buy a lot of books on makes I don't own, just to have the info on a car or truck I like. While Ford is not my 1st brand of choice, I buy books on Fords.

Precious little exists on these trucks in the way of detail, yet nearly every passenger vehicle has books ad nauseum covering all details to the last screw or pin.

I am just trying my very best to put this truck together in as correct a fashion as possible, and if someone has already accrued the info I need, why am I reinventing the wheel here? Plus, any small info I can find, even here on the board, there is ALWAYS a differing opinion as to what was correct, what finish, etc. We need a definitive "Bible", if you will, of what's what.

So until something of substance exists on these trucks, don't anyone ever tell me something ain't correct on my truck; because 99.999% of us don't know for sure.

Seems to me that the one club whose entire existence is to comb thru Fords old records in a quest to preserve the early V8 info, is not doing their job.

Last edited by Carbroke; 04-03-2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: because
Carbroke is offline   Reply With Quote