Thread: Tudor Value
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
chrs1961815

Default Tudor Value

You might have seen my previous thread about a 29 Tudor I have been looking at. I want to discuss how much the car is worth.

The car is mostly original to start with. It has been touched up in the paint department and has had new interior which some of it is accurate (door panels) others not (seats). New wiring was put in a while ago and now needs to probably be replaced. Headlights were converted to sealed beams but they do not work. Looks like the fuel lines are either in really good shape or are repros. The wheels were also repainted with a yellowish color. Also, the dash panel is held in by phillips head screws.

It will need new wiring, a new terminal box (it is cracked and the cover is missing), a new headliner (if I'm picky), maybe a new top, maybe new floorboards, a new front mat, and it probably would not be a bad idea to replace all the gaskets. The carburetor leaks a lot so will need to be serviced.

The positive stuff is that everything is in great shape with no rust outs just a little surface rust on the undercarriage and a few other spots. It runs great with no odd sounds as far as I could tell. The owner is a nice guy who says he is the second owner. We are working on tracing the cars history back. The guy drove it a bit and everything must be somewhat okay if he feels comfortable to drive it (steering and brakes). Also, the car is very close to us so we can drive it home. It has got a title, and has been driven very little by the current owner (since the 80s). The car has a total of of 74,000 miles on the original engine.

I know many things go into pricing, so I want to see what you guys say this car is worth, not just Tudors in general.