View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: winshield rubber seal install 1934

I am wondering who's seal you are trying to install? I recently installed some WS seals in some of my '35's. I had a new gasket that I had purchased maybe 5-10 years ago. The rubber had become somewhat hard from aging on the shelf. I tried installing it anyway by coating the gasket with baby powder and pushing it in place with popsicle sticks and a dull ended flat blade screw driver. After what seemed like many hours to get it in place I found it would not seal properly against the window surround, so I ripped it out of the frame and purchased a new one with corners premolded from Bob Drake. This was more expensive than their gasket w/o molded corners, BUT it installed very easily and sealed nicely against the window surround. I also bought one from Carpenter around the same time and installed it in another frame. It did not install as easily as the Drake gasket and does not fit that well around the window opening.
Another thing I have used to help install these into the frame was liquid hand or dish soap. This seemed to work as well as baby powder.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 10-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote