View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #127
Bruce

Default Re: Post a picture of your car...

So, there comes a time in every Model A guy's journey that he yearns to be a bonafide "restorer." Sometimes it's strong and the first car you buy is out of the barn after years of storage. For me, it was car number four and five. Both are '30 Vicky's. Both had been dismantled down to the truely major components. One, a leatherback, was in worse condition overall, but came with a new LeBaron Bonney interior, a new wood kit, and several crates of Christmas present-type parts. The other, Dolly, a Steel Back from West Miami, FL, was dismantled, sand blasted, and primered in 1966. Dad died, kid lost interest, but his mother kept the project forever -- until I bought it in 2005. In fact, I bought it from the guy who did all the work back in highschool. Now the Leatherback has a new owner and I have fewer and fewer excuses -- other than Model A's number one and six demand an awful lot of love and elbow grease.

Here's some pictures of Dolly "piled high" and my friend, Marty, arranging her in the trailer. Turns out a '30 Roadster fits very nicely in an 18 foot trailer. Fills it side-to-side and about four feet deep!
Lots more has been accumulated and retored, but not enough to drive around the block ... or to claim the title, "Restorer."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img000005.jpg (72.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg img000000.jpg (61.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg img000006.jpg (63.6 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg Not that funny, Marty.jpg (27.8 KB, 194 views)
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote