View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #13
mike657894

Default Re: new build with zero clearance,Hagerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcarmover View Post
I have a beautiful '29 block that was given to me..modern valves,pressed valve seats intake and exhaust,fresh pistons rings clean bores..hell,they even gyptol'ed the crankcase..with a bad center main cap,tinning failure.I've got a few center caps,might be able to fit one..but if the rest of the babbit was poured with the same shoddy workmanship I might be wasting my time.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

But how sweet is it to brag that you got this or that for dam near free and only had to do this ....this ...this and that? HA! I got a motorcycle for pennies I'm running out of things to fix so it wont smoke. HA! But that damn near free motorcycle is a blast!

Im running a hand cut rear main cap against the advisement of every person I told about it other than the guy who handed me the bearing knife and a few instructions. I skipped an expensive insert job I was planning for a $20 set of used caps and a story. Right now I have more time than money. That could change at any time. But Im really enjoying this time Ive got! More than I would enjoy the money.
mike657894 is offline   Reply With Quote