Thread: A 400
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #15
aermotor

Exclamation Re: A 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
All is well. So let's play Devil's Advocate for a tad and see if we can turn this into a discussion that others can benefit from. To begin with, folks need to understand that you are an accomplished restorer, so what others may struggle with should be a piece of cake for you.

Since I mentioned the wood, how deteriorated do/would you expect it to be, -and if hard & brittle, how long would you expect it to last if you were to drive/tour with it 5k-6k miles a year with regard to ody rigidity to keep doors latched during driving?

What would you expect to find with the engine? If let's say that it had a 1960's Sears & Roebuck rebuilt engine, what would your expectations be with it and how far would you trust it to go?

What about the gas tank? Would you use it as-is or would you try to restore it before driving on tours? Maybe the same question regarding brakes, wiring, tires/tubes, etc?? Exactly what would you do if you had purchased it??
Brent, I don't disagree with what you are saying but I think a vehicle that you are describing with problems you pointed out corrected, rebuilt engine, new wood, in other words TOTAL restoration would be closer to $60 to $70
thousand - so the selling price wasn't that bad. After all the value of a vehicle is what the seller and buyer agree to.

John
aermotor is offline   Reply With Quote