View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #10
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Default Re: Charming Photo of Henry and Edsel Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsprecher View Post
"he was by all accounts a good man to work for.,he had a knack of putting the right man in the right job and letting him go..Bob Gregorie and Harold Hicks to name a few..where his father commanded,Edsel delegated.."

Hallmarks of a good manager.
In ways I would say his father resented that skill,if not, it shows the differences between the two. I have a problem with book writers and history folks when it come to Fords,just about all of them know it sells books to have juicy family gossip,the interplay between father and son overshadows the mankind changing achievements they made..its a shame from my view,just reading the oral histories tells a different tale,one of human accomplishment and innovation.I guess it has to do with resentment,the writer feels no one man should possess such power..fact is they earned it. Everyone of them criticizes Mr Ford for sticking with the model T,long after marketshare started falling..what most don't consider is that he could have built the T for the rest of his life,marketshare be damned..he made so much money with it.
Jack Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote