View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: Model T... all 12 volt all the time.

Where in the city? I was from LaGrange and then all over but spent 30 years at ComEd at Pulaski and the Stevenson. Also had several classes at Braidwood Nuclear plant. During Viet Nam, my dad had a job with AM General testing the 5 ton military dump trucks. They were stored at Greer training center by I55. I used to ride around putting on miles with him and doing "gradability" tests up the hills at the strip mines. At 14 I drove one of theose 6X6s up that hill. The old man said put it in 1st gear and floor it and DO NOT BACK OFF THE THROTTLE! All I saw was blue sky in front and dirt in the mirrors. Also did some excellent fossil hunting out there and we'd also run the motorcycles out there to swim at a mine at 129 (?) and Wilmington (Strip Mine) road. Think thats all condos now no? ws

Crawford Generating Station 3501 S. Pulaski They are now tearing it down thanks to the bunny huggers and ROM!