View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 10:55 PM   #9
GB SISSON

Default Re: 47’ Ford Panel Truck

I'm home now and gol dang that is in amazing shape for the Northeast Kingdom. The stuff they did in the 70's and 80's looked awful to me even in that time period. Those white seats and door panels are almost too much to bear! BUT, wow what a nice panel otherwise. You even have nice rear doors, the holy grail for panel guys. I sold my long wheelbase jailbar tonner panel and still have a 1/2 ton I consider a long term project at best. Neither were as solid as this one you just picked up. I have gotten two or three of these V8s unstuck and running, but it's never a sure thing by any means. I can see giving it a try. If it is stuck real hard it will probably never be a solid dependable runner, but sometimes lightly stuck and a bunch of mmo involved they can be brought back into service. Keep us well posted and I will consder this your build thread. God knows we need more build threads on this forum. I'm gonna go make a batch of popcorn while you follow up on your plans for this fine jailbar.... Congrats on such an unusual find in your neck of the woods. Edit: Shout out to 'Pete the Enlarger' I left my good reading glasses on a jobsite today.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote