View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
GOSFAST

Default Re: Flywheel / Clutch Tips 8BA

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Yes, thanks. I have a question. I have an alum flywheel that has the wrong bolt pattern for the pressure clutch I want to use ( stock 91/2 Ford) How would you recomend doing this. Thanks
Ron

I have no trouble drilling it.
Hi Ron, hope you're all well up there?

We've drilled/tapped a few of the flywheels over the years for the larger pressure plate, for me, I've found the Bridgeport in conjunction with a larger rotating table to be the best method!

It takes a bit of time locating everything and making the initial setup, but drilling and tapping the holes goes fairly quick.

Important: After drilling and tapping you have to remember to c'bore all 6 holes also, or you won't have a usable wheel??

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. One other possible method would be using an existing flywheel with the correct holes as a template, it would have to be lined up "reasonably-close" to the wheel being drilled but I believe with some perseverance you could pull it off. On a side note here's a shot of our "defective" plate, notice the nut on the one finger sort of "bent" (distorted). I believe it was caused by excessive heat when welding the nut to keep it from moving??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flathead Pressure Plate-Defective 2017.jpg (76.4 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by GOSFAST; 09-25-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: C
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote