View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #15
marc silva

Default Re: Harbor Freight spray gun?

If you turn the air up a little and reduce the material a bit more the paint will atomize and go on o.k.
If you give it 2 or 3 coats and let it dry over night then sand it with some 400 wet with a pad so there is no orange peel and then give it a couple more coats (thinned) at higher pressure you will get a "flatter" less orange peely surface. You blow more paint into the air than with a gun with a small tip but it works. I personally use a gravity feed Sata with a 1.5 tip which is really small but it really puts the paint down with very small peel. I should mention that this gun is 35 years old. The do gooders here in California would have a cow if you used this gun in a shop today. They want all paint and no thinners. Just look at the paint on any new vehicle. Looks like my refrigerator. Then think back if you can on how flat and smooth the finish was on a 64 Chevy. or any car of that vintage. First of all they were straight so a shiny paint job was o.k. Now days the new cars aren't that straight that's why they don't make them as shiny. Think about it.
marc silva is offline   Reply With Quote