View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #34
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: It’s getting harder to drive my A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-A View Post
I'm still able to drive my "A", but have a less and less desire to. The main road (Highway 50) here is being widened and is one big mess! Plus, the last half a dozen times I've taken the roadster out for a cruise around the neighborhood. It has quit on me for some obscure electrical problem or another. I have been able to limp home and I think I know what the problem is and maybe corrected it. But, with the crappy roads and lousy drivers I just do not have the desire to go out anymore. I'll be 70 next month and I have been toying with the idea of selling my last old car.

Bob-A
Bob I met a guy last fall that had moved BACK to NW Illinois, who had been living near Tampa for almost 20 years. I said 'why' did you move back HERE? Have you forgotten what the winters are like?

He said 'no', it's just that Florida keeps getting more and more crowded as each year goes by and I was sick of it. People keep moving in. Two main highways running north and south and they are always crammed with traffic. And the summers are awful. From March to October!

Ray when we had the '29 Tudor, the biggest trip I ever took was over to Geneseo and back about 80 miles round trip. When I was 18 years old. And it about killed me, back then. No way I could do that today nor would I want to anymore. But I still have the love of the cars. I just limit my trips today to no more than 8 miles from home tops And yes a Roadster is a snap getting in and out with the top down.......
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote