View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #34
TJ

Default Re: Warning - Sophisticated Scammer Trolling the Want Adds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
in this day and age anyone who is selling stuff has a paypal account. anyone who is scaming doesnt!
Not everyone has a PayPal account. I for one do not have one and I sell items with no problem. I also do not post photos on my ad. Scammers steal photos and then use them somewhere else to scam another person. Naturally your description is also with the item so the scammer uses that to look like he knows his parts. If someone wants photos(which almost everyone does) I send them directly to the potential buyers e-mail. I also give my phone # so they can talk to me about the item.
The first thing I do when buying is I check their name to see if they are a V-8 Club member or a member on this site. Then get a phone # so you can talk with them. Even if they sound like they know what they are talking about, if you talk to them long enough and ask enough questions you can tell if they are a BS con or not. If they try to rush you into buying the item, back off and don't go for it. If you feel uneasy(gut feeling) about a deal don't do it.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote