Thread: Slow leak
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #10
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Slow leak

When I bought my 1930 Model A, I had two tire tubes that leaked. It was not the valve. Here locally there are a lot of older farm equipment running tube tires. The tire guys all know what to look for. The place I go in Sunrise Beach, Mo, tubes that are fixed are guaranteed to not leak in the same place! Since tires were being replaced they pulled all 4 wheels. They cleaned the rims, primed them, and put in 3 tube liners. My problem was poor care of the rims over time that caused rust flakes and no tube liner, to cause the problem. I did wind up getting one new tube based on the tire guys recommendation. (they would not guarantee it would not leak). Have no idea what their tube source or liner source is, but it was ordered over the phone and the car was finished the next day. It has been over a year. Nothing is leaking! The new tires I had put on (Cockers), the tire guy with a smile told me I can bring it back in a couple thousand miles and get the tires rotated FREE! I think he was kidding!

Last edited by DHZIEMAN; 12-16-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: corrections
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote