View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
ricconhan

Default Re: Black gummy sludge in intake ports

Thanks for the reply Jim, I kinda thought the same, but always like advice even at 66 years young and been shade treeing all my life. I got the car June 19th and the guy that had it, bought it to flip it 2 years ago and only drove it about 20 miles in that time, I've driven it at least that much everyday since bringing it home, bought it to drive not look at. Just been on shorter trips (10-15 miles away) for a while till I get all the bugs worked out and it's a good thing because last Friday I went about 12-14 miles to visit a friend and on the return trip it started to flood out, got her home tore the carb apart and discovered a crack in the float, good reason to rebuild it I figured, and while I was at it I wanted to see the condition of my intake and exhaust gaskets and they were fine, no problem I'm putting new in and now I know. Seems to be a great little car so far. I've had a love for the A Model all my life and as a youngster would scour shelter-belts and groves looking for rusty gold, I always thought I struck gold if I could find anything A related, always wanted to build and restore an old one but never had the money, then got married and life happened, now I decided to buy one ready to drive with just the normal tinkering to keep it up. When I fill up with gas ( our local station has regular unleaded w/o ethanol ) I've been adding 4 oz. MMO, and 4 oz. Seafoam to maybe help clean it up a bit.

Last edited by ricconhan; 06-28-2020 at 12:49 PM.
ricconhan is offline   Reply With Quote