View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
Craig CT

Default Re: A Plea for Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
All: installing an outside drain on one of my outbuildings, trusty aluminum ladder with no apparent issues. Standing on the fourth rung of an 8-rung ladder, the unit suddenly “scissored” and I fell straight onto my back. L3 vertebra has a compression fracture; doctor says very limited activity plus physical therapy for next 6 weeks and all shall be well. I am very, very blessed. However, the point of this: close inspection of said ladder revealed the rivets on the top rung (which attach the sides) are worn nearly through, with one that sheared and resultant twisting of the others. Please inspect ALL of your equipment ~ I need your expertise readily at hand!!
Hi Marcus; I know you've been in way more difficult situations and you'll be OK but this still sucks. May you heal quickly, and God bless,Craig.