View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #144
Vic Piano

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

Tom, I'm looking forward to meeting you. I've posted the itinerary a number of times but I'll be happy to do it again for those who might have missed it;

Thursday, March 21st, check in at the hotel, we may arrange an impromptu diner (restaurant to be announced) on Thursday evening.

Sleep Inn
900 University Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34234
941) 359-8558
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-sarasota-florida-FL536

All you need to do (when making your reservation), is mention the Cigar City Flatheads and the room rate will be $115 plus tax per night. The hotel is in an excellent location, just minutes away from the "Cars of Yesteryear" Museum. I would highly recommend folks start making their reservations soon! The one catch is that, in the event anyone has to cancel a reservation, they must do so 2 weeks prior, to avoid any charges.

Friday. March 22nd, 9:00am Meet at hotel lobby and go for breakfast (restaurant to be announced). After breakfast we’ll cruise over to the "Cars of Yesteryear" Museum in Sarasota. We can get a group rate of $7.50 per person if there are 10 or more people in the group. For lunch we’ll cruise to St. Armands Circle in Sarasota for lunch at the Columbia restaurant and, if you’re so inclined, do some window shopping and people watching…! Sarasota provides excellent shopping as well as a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

Friday evening we cruise to the Ruskin Drive-In, it's about 32 miles north on US 41, a fairly easy trip from the hotel. Another option for Friday night is to attend the Friday night cruise-in at the Dairy Queen in Riverview.

Saturday, March23rd, Meet at hotel at 8:00am, go to breakfast and cruise down to Ft. Myers to tour the Henry Ford & Thomas Edison “winter estates”. On the return trip to Sarasota we may stop in Punta Gorda to visit with G.M. & “Skip” Haney (I’ll try to confirm that with George this week, but we do need a head count to give them an idea as to how many of us there will be in our group.)

Saturday evening, return to hotel…

Sunday, March 24th, 8:00am (check out of hotel) Meet at hotel lobby and go for breakfast. After breakfast cruise north to Tarpon Springs (Fred Howard Park) for our traditional Florida “Barner’s Bash” BBQ, etc.

This is our proposed itinerary for the 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash”. We still have some “Dash Plaques” available at $6.00 each and we are looking for donations of parts and/or services to give away in the raffle on Sunday. If you would like to donate to the raffle please PM or email me at [email protected].