View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #41
Old Henry

Default Re: M.Kube,Charlie,NY,52Henry

I like to use my car as a time machine to take me back to 1947 every time I get in it and it usually works pretty good as long as I keep it totally authentic original and know that it is. That way I get the exact experience driving it now that I would get driving it then. So, I avoid having anything on the car or in the car that would "destroy the illusion" for me and I've found that almost any intrusion that's not authentic will do that. It's like the scene from the movie "Somewhere In Time" where Christopher Reeves has so authentically reproduced his life as it would have been in a former time that he actually traveled back in time to that time that he recreated. It was all going so well until he pulled a penny out of his vest pocket from his future time. That was it. The end of his illusion that he was never able to get back. That's part of the reason I try so hard for authenticity. The other motive was just to see how close I could get for judging - a kind of "Mr. Everest" attempt for me. Now that I've done that I've relaxed a little on the smallest minute details but still must preserve my "illusion" for pleasure driving.