View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Default Re: M.Kube,Charlie,NY,52Henry

"However, there is no indication as to who built the 91-99's"
I think all of these things in my pile of parts have the builder designation on the right side of the main bowl /body casting near the bottom of the accel pump...H for Holley, F (usually in script) for the minority built by Ford.
I also have 3 CG carbs, provenance and exact age unknown...2 are Holley built, one is Ford built.
I think that all of the top and bowl castings except 59 type passed out of the parts supply quickly, as Ford simply substituted the later versions culminating with the 59. The CG types had minor metering differences in the bleed holes on nozzle bars, at least, on the others I think just about all the change was in bowl vent locations and none of the changes precluded use on the older models as replacement parts.
Most of these carbs have passed through the hands of commercial rebuilders during their lives, and were rebuilt in huge batches with all the parts reassembled in random combinations, so a high percentage of core carbs are not really representative of anything in particular.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote